Baseball (?) season

Posted by admin on Sunday, November 2, 2008 0

Yes, it's still baseball season here in Texas. Our family was scheduled to bring snacks to my son's game yesterday. When I sold cookies, baseball cookies were probably the cookies I made the most. Texas is not just football country!

I realized Halloween night as I was getting ready to ice these, that I was out of disposable icing bags....my own personal Halloween horror!!! Rather than run out, dodging trick-or-treaters, I used gallon freezer baggies. In a pinch, they worked, although they were not as easy to use as the icing bags. My advice...baggies are for emergency icing situations only! :)
To make the baseball mitts:
  • Using a #3 tip, outline around the edge of a baseball mitt cookie in dark brown icing....you'll make the "fingers" later. (AmeriColor Chocolate Brown)
  • Thin medium brown icing with water to a syrup-y consistency and cover with a damp towel. Let sit several minutes. (AmeriColor Chocolate Brown)
  • Run a rubber spatula gently through the icing to pop any bubbles that have formed on top. Pour into a squeeze bottle.
  • Fill in the cookie with the flood icing. Let dry 1 hour or more.
  • Again with the dark brown icing and #3 tip, pipe the details including the fingers on the mitt.
  • In red icing, with a #3 tip, pipe the remaining details. (AmeriColor Super Red)

Tagged as: ,
About the Author

Write admin description here..

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

Related posts

0 comments:

Blog Archive

back to top